Hi, I’m Brad Campbell. I was a top 50 Empower Network affiliate. But I no longer promote it. Here’s why:
Watch this video to see what I’m doing these days.
What follows is my original review, in its entirety.
I still stand by everything I said and will always love Empower Network for teaching me how to go fast and look sexy online.
Yet, I feel like a total tool for ever getting involved. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.
One of the co-founders, David Sharpe, stepped down just recently.
He’s battling health complications from Hepatitis C.
This leaves the other original gangster, David Wood, flying solo, trying to land this thing safely on the ground.
I sure hope so. Before Sharpe resigned, I know they put a stealth team in place, so the company should be good. But we’ll see.
Always a lil scary when leaders bounce, let alone owners.
Even though it was health-related, it felt like I got punched in the gut when the announcement was first made.
Both Dave’s were always so adamant about how ride-or-die they were for this movement.
This company comes with baggage.
Drama. Lots of negativity.
Rapid online growth becomes a double-edged sword like that.
Empower Network grew so fast and gave birth to so many six and seven-figure earners the past two years–me being one of them–but for each success story comes many more failures.
Even though I think they’ve got the best training products, culture and comp plan out there, haters be hating.
Now more than ever.
And you need to ask yourself if you wanna be associated with all the cries of scam, ripoff and pyramid scheme.
Even though I know from experience none of the above are true, it’s a lot to handle.
I value my reputation. I know you do, too.
The wind’s been taken out of Empower Network’s sails lately.
Ups and downs are normal for any business, but, is this a sign of what’s to come?
Doubt it. Dave Wood is a master at rallying the troops.
Now it’s time to really see what these guys are made of. Empower’s down one visionary. They’re bleeding momentum. Top earners are jumping ship. Not good.
It’s a lot to overcome.
Am I freaking out? I did for a minute, but then I got my senses back.
At the end of the day, a misfit like me just doesn’t belong anywhere else.
Every other company is so “stuffy.”
Suits and ties. No swearing. Home parties, friends and family, 3-way calls. Itsy-bitsy commissions. NOT online-friendly. Slow and steady approach.
Uh, I’ll pass. Empower Network taught me how to go fast and look sexy–then made it possible.
This company flipped my shit and made me sit in it.
Warnings aside, welcome to my Empower Network review. Drink up.
Empower Network has been growing like mad, ever since opening the doors on October 31st, 2011. They’re an online network marketing company that offers the following:
One, internet marketing tools, resources, and education.
And two, a powerful business opportunity.
The products are designed to help you sell more of anything online. The business, which is optional, allows you to resell the Empower Network products in exchange for a commission.
The company was founded by David Wood and David Sharpe – two quirky marketers who’d been through hell and back trying to make a go of traditional (old school) multi-level marketing.
“The Dave’s”… as I like to call ‘em… both have unbelievable rags to riches stories.
Dave Wood is known for being the once homeless van man. And Dave Sharpe triumphed over a nasty drug addiction and dead-end construction job.
Together, they run what is probably the most unique, anything-goes type of business I’ve ever seen.
Both have made it a point to be completely transparent, honest and true to who they are at all times. So much so, that the Dave’s rub a lot of people the wrong way.
In the early days, they referred to tire kickers and anyone who didn’t buy all of their products as “wussies.”
Most times, it appears they just crawled out of bed or came in from the beach.
F-bombs are not uncommon.
And although they’ve toned it down a little over the past couple years, dudes are still pretty damn raw.
Not for everyone, but I dig their style.
In April, 2014, Dave Sharpe actually stepped down as co-owner of Empower Network, due to health complications from Hepatitis C.
See original warnings.
The Empower Network core product line consists of the following:
- Viral Blogging System (aka ENV2 or Blog Beast): costs $25/mo, mobile-friendly, point-and-click simple, comes with new and improved Fast Start Training, the blog still has minor glitches that need worked out.
- Viral Blogging Academy: costs $297, shows you how to put your new blog to work for you, includes specific 90 day action plan, much needed product, long overdue, solid buy.
- Inner Circle: costs $100/mo, inspiring stories and interviews available via downloadable mp3’s, cool, convenient, but some are available for free if you dial into the Monday night Empower Hour calls.
- High Ticket Academy: new, costs $497, price going up, 3 webinars explaining how to close multi-thousand dollar sales, gave me tons of breakthroughs, phone calls are required though.
- Internet Traffic Formula: costs $997, just launched, this is Vick’s no holds barred total traffic course, Empower’s not paying 100% commissions on this one, surprisingly spectacular course.
- Costa Rica Intensive: costs $500, includes video footage of live marketing mastermind, decent content, needs refreshed though.
- $15k Formula: costs $1,000, has boatload of webinar replays that cover all the latest and greatest internet marketing strategies, amazing value, best product by far.
- Masters Course: costs $3,500, includes HD-video footage of live, elite-level marketing mastermind, accelerated concepts, only recommended for advanced marketers.
At this time, I still prefer to use this blog over theirs.
However, most newbies are better off using Empower Network’s Viral Blogging System.
It’s much faster and easier.
The Costa Rica Intensive product is iffy. All others are solid. I’ve been extremely happy overall.
The $15k Formula is probably the best bang for your buck.
However, the new High Ticket Academy is outstanding for anyone who’s got some low-end sales coming in. Like me.
Optional purchases from your back office include media hosting (your call, handy if you’re using ENV2 and filming mobile videos) and live event tickets (usually one every 3 months).
You cannot earn commissions off video hosting or event ticket sales.
You can purchase any of the products, in any order, and can upgrade from inside at any time.
This was just a quick overview.
See my Empower Network products page for full reviews.
There’s a $19.95/mo fee you’ll need to pay to participate in the business opportunity.
After activating that, you’re free to sell any of the Empower Network products I just talked about, as an affiliate.
The majority of the products pay 100% commissions.
The Masters Course pays roughly 85% ($3,000 out of the $3,500 retail price) and the Viral Blogging Academy pays you 67% ($200 out of the $297 sticker price).
You qualify for commissions in one of two ways:
One, by making a sale of each product to a non-affiliate (i.e. a customer who does not activate his/her affiliate account).
Two, by first buying each product yourself.
If you do not meet one of those criteria and you go on to make sales of non-qualified products, those commissions will pass-up to your sponsor.
Speaking of which…
On each of the eight commissionable products, you pass-up your 2nd, 4th, 6th, and every 5th sale thereafter.
Remember, that’s product-specific.
It’s a fair comp plan, whereby you’ll benefit from training your downline, but you’re not busting your butt to make your sponsor rich. For example, I make way more than the guy who referred me.
Check out my Empower Network compensation plan video for a more complete breakdown.
Lastly, the Dave’s added-in a weekly bonus incentive.
Now you can earn extra money based off the company’s success, all by sponsoring so many new Viral Blogging System customers each week.
- Some of the very best marketing how-to money can buy ($15k Formula).
- Culture, support, and leadership unlike anything else out there.
- Scale and magnitude – affiliates can sell these products worldwide, online, and do serious volume, but also serious commissions of nearly $5,500 per referral.
- Slick, high-converting funnel, where most of the selling, telling and heavy lifting has been done for you. All you gotta do is focus on traffic.
- Polarizing company causes lots of hype and criticism. Are you comfortable being associated with all that?
- To get all of the products, the full experience and greatest earning potential, it’s expensive.
- Despite undeniable upside potential, failure rate – like everything else in this industry – remains high.
- Competition levels are increasing daily, even though it’s still a very young company.
- Needs to be a little more product-centric and is trending that way.
My opinion comes with bias since I’m an affiliate.
But I think I’ve done a decent job of giving both sides throughout this review.
My blunt bottom line is this: from a product standpoint, it’s pretty good. In terms of money-making potential, it’s great.
If you buy these products, will you become a better marketer, thinker and leader?
I definitely have.
If you become an affiliate, are you likely to get rich quick?
I have. But no, definitely not.
I’m the exception, not the rule.
Regardless of how great the system is, making bank online will always require a ton of attributes the average person just doesn’t have.
Don’t get in this if you’re desperate and just looking to make some easy money.
Get in because you’re serious about building a real internet business that adds value and meets a need or solves a problem.
If that’s you–if you’re okay with the risk, understand the odds and you’re still willing to buy these products, learn, then grind like hell…
… I’d like to make my case for being the right sponsor for you.
I’m a blogger. That’s what I do.
And I can teach you my big ticket blogging formula that you already know works incredibly well. Hint: Google anything Empower Network-related.
Who do ya see? Wink, wink.
Here’s what I love about my system–you can make virtually unlimited sales:
… without having to step foot out of your house, so you NEVER have to speak to anyone face-to-face, ever again.
… without having to pick up the phone – not even once.
… without having to work a set schedule or minimum number of hours per week.
… without needing to beg your friends and family to join you (seriously–no selling, whatsoever, because buyers come to you).
… and without having any commitments, stresses, or headaches in your business.
Write content, get ranked, and let your blog go to work for you.
It’s a beautiful thing.
And very real. I’m willing to be your Garmin, if you’ll follow my turn-by-turn directions.
I have no desire to work with anyone who’s desperate or in this for the wrong reasons.
Again, I’m looking for A-players. True entrepreneurs. Cool peeps who’re big thinkers and wanna lead with value, as opposed to selfishly chasing money.
Does that describe your sexy self? Yes?
If so, and if you’re planning on being all in (buying all the products), I’ll consider personally mentoring you and taking you under my wing.
But if that’s not you or you’re not gonna play at the highest level, sorry.
I won’t take on any new teammates at this time.
There’s just no need to. This blog’s doing around $60,000 per month and I value time more than additional money at this point.
Otherwise? Don’t bother.
Experience the good life: